5 Places You Should Spend New Years Eve In Western Massachusetts
There aren’t too many things as wonderful as New Years in New England. Crisp air, snow covered landscapes, cozy fireplaces. Whether you’re looking for a romantic night in just for two or a fun night out for the whole family, Western Massachusetts has something for everyone. We’ve put together a list of the top 5 things to do and places to spend New Years in western Massachusetts.
1. First Night in Northampton link: http://firstnightnorthampton.org/
Put on by the Northampton Arts Council and Peoples Bank, First Night in Northampton is a city-wide, family-friendly New Years Eve Party you don’t want to miss. It goes all day into the New Year and features a local vendor market, an array of entertainment by talented performs and culminates in their traditional “ball raising” from the roof of the Hotel Northampton.
2. Blantyre’s New Years Eve Gala link: https://blantyre.wpengine.com/blantyre-events/new-years-eve-gala-the-great-gatsby/
Starting at 7:30 on December 31st, celebrate the New Year the Great Gatsby way, as that is this year’s gala theme. Located in Lenox, the Blantyre is stunning and hosts an annual New Years gala with a gourmet dinner, signature cocktails and of course – live music!
3. New Years Eve Lodging Special at the Applegate Inn in Lee link: https://applegateinn.com/blog/2016/12/09/berkshires-new-years-eve-lodging-special/
Enjoy a romantic, relaxing New Years at this quaint Bed and Breakfast Inn located in Lee. They offer a wonderful special during this holiday starting at just $190 per night. The two night getaway includes chocolates and a decanter of brandy in your room upon arrival, champagne and hors d’oeuvres to kick off New Years Eve and a candlelight brunch the following day. Sounds pretty darn perfect!
4. MGM Springfield’s First Night link: https://www.mgmspringfield.com/en/entertainment/nye-at-mgm-springfield.html
Of course this list wouldn’t be complete if we didn’t include the brand new MGM Springfield. They have a multitude of options depending on how fancy or laid back you’d like to make it. You can purchase tickets for parties at either The Armory, the Commonwealth or enjoy the night at Tap Sports Bar. Don’t forget to make reservations at Cal Mare or The Chandler Steak House first!
5. 2019 New Year Party at the Westfield River Brewing Company link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/new-years-eve-wrbc-tickets-51535919322
For the beer connoisseurs, maybe a party at the Westfield River Brewing Company in Southwick would be more up your alley. They’re showing off their newly renovated barn, will have multiple food stations, live music by Acoustic Mashpit and of course no good New Years Eve party is complete without a champagne toast at midnight!